Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Irish Potato Pancakes - Pimped up Leftovers for a happy Pancake Tuesday


I have gotten into the habit of deliberately making too much mash potatoes for the dinner, so I can have an excuse to make these delicious potato pancakes. The kids love them, as does my husband.



Today is pancake Tuesday, but rather than making my usual batter (which I make a couple times a week anyway off season) I decided to make these potato pancakes. I make them with the kids in mind, so I always make a plain batch. However if I was thinking about adults I would certainly spruce them up with scallions and herbs, and maybe ever some feta.  There really are loads of possibilities and variations so feel free to experiment for more grown up tastes.



Ingredients


  • 325g cold mashed potatoes
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 110g self raising flour
  • Salt/pepper
  • 180ml milk (today I used soy milk)
  • 2 eggs
  • Oil for frying


Method


  1. In a bowl add all the ingredients except for the oil
  2. Whisk until very well combined, I used a hand held whisk
  3. Put a pan on a medium heat, add the oil, I used olive
  4. Using a ladle, pour in the batter in ladle size batches. 
  5. Allow to fry until bubble holes appear on the top. This takes approx 2-3 minutes.
  6. Flip the pancakes, and fry for another 2 minutes.
  7. I got 15 small-medium size pancakes from this mixture and served with baked beans for the kids lunch. The wolfed them.




Tip: A sophisticated starter/brunch idea, would be to add chopped dill to the batter and serve the pancakes with smoked salmon and creme fraiche.

2 comments:

Madonaldo said...

I am Alecia,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real cause one worked for me not quite two weeks.i met this man on a blog his name is Dr Abalaka is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website site, and now me and my ex are living very ok now.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) i believe that your story will change for better,or if you have any question you can contact me here as 1001madonado@gmail.com if you have any question Thank you.

Keith Burge said...

Lord Bubuza is a great seer, he is a man who reveals lottery numbers after casting a spell in his temple. My name is Keith Burge, I won a $1 million dollars power ball lottery game after He cast a spell for me and He gave me the lottery winning number. What more can say to thank him. I will forever be grateful to him. for more information contact him via website: Lordbubuzamiraclework.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...