Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ultimate Steak Marinade


I can't call my blog Medium Rare without a recipe of my favourite way to cook steak. Fillet, sirloin or Rib eye are my favourite cuts, but the marinade works with all cuts.

Serves 3

Ingredients



  • 1 good quality beef steak of choice
  • 1 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary/thyme
  • Grated rind of one lemon
  • Sea salt & pepper
  • Olive Oil
  • Crushed garlic clove


Method
  • Marinate steak for 1 hour in the chopped herbs, lemon rind, salt, pepper, glug of oil and the garlic
  • Heat a griddle pan on high
  • Put the steak on the griddle pan and cook to your liking, I like 4 minutes a side
  • Leave to rest on plate covered with tin foil for min. 5  mins.
  • The accompaniments are endless, spuds, chips, salad, pasta.....rice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...